Personal data terms and conditions:
When purchasing an Illuminator or Beast race ticket you agree and consent to the following terms and conditions:
We at Firetrail Events Ltd will use your data to provide you with important and relevant information regarding the event and provide the services and experiences that are fundamental to your well-informed, safe and enjoyable participation, before, during and after the event.
Medical/first aid: You consent to your personal information being provided to professional first aid and safety providers who perform vital safety services on our behalf. This includes the emergency services, professional first aid provider Avium Ltd and our own staff at Firetrail Events Ltd. The information provided to these companies will only be such information that is strictly required for performing their service. In particular, you specifically acknowledge the necessity for us to provide those engaged in providing first aid and marshalling services with the medical information that you provide to us in order to ensure your welfare during the Event.
Images and video for marketing purposes: Official event photographers, film makers and drone film makers/photographers will be present at the event and may capture you. These images and video may be used on our official event websites: www.beastrace.co.uk or www.illuminatorrun.co.uk, www.firetrailevents.co.uk and by our event partners or on online event listings, blogs, newspaper articles and other forms of public marketing or news channels online or print media to promote the event. We will never link, identify, disclose or match your name to an image or film you may be present in. If you see your image on any of our official media channels we control you can request they are removed by emailing: email@example.com
We may share your data with our third party administration, marketing & PR contractors including Dalmore Digital Ltd to perform communications, market research and reporting for us that are relevant to the event. This may include things like age or general location demographics but will never individually identify you. We may also use data profiling to ensure that you receive tailored communications in the future.
We will share your relevant data with our chosen race timing service provider, Racefox Ltd so they can provide you with a personalised race timing service at the event. The information provided to this company will only be such information that is strictly required for performing their service.
Right to Access: At any time you can request details of the information we hold on you and request to be provided with electronic copies of that data. We can also show you where data is being securely stored and what it is being used for. You can make this request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to be Forgotten: You may request access to, change or delete personal data held by us at any time. At any time you can request us to delete your personal data from our database and also stop sharing it with third parties (charity partner), who are then obligated to stop processing it. You can make this request by emailing: email@example.com
Right to Complain: We work to hard to protect your data and only process it to provide you with the service you have consented to. If you have concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond. If you wish to make a complaint about our information rights practices you may do so directly to the Information Commissioners Office here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Data Portability: Upon request, we can provide you with your personal data in a “commonly used machine-readable format”. You can make this request by emailing: email@example.com
Data Retention period: We store personal data for 7 Years from the date of your last consent/participation at the event. After this period your data will be permanently deleted unless you state otherwise.
General privacy, copyright & cookies
The following privacy, copyright and cookie statements only apply to this website:
- This website is provided for use only by an end user.
- Firetrail Events Ltd. disclaims damages of any kind, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties implied or otherwise relating to use of this site.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rights, including copyright, in the content, text and graphics of these web pages are owned and controlled for these purposes by Firetrail Events Ltd. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store, transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these web pages for any other purpose whatsoever, in any medium, without the prior written permission of Firetrail Events Ltd.
- In accessing these web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use.
- You should be aware when moving to any other site of how that site deals with your information – do this by checking their privacy statements.
- This website cannot be held responsible for the content or policy of any external website to which it links.
- Any privacy statement may not be applicable in all countries, as security policies may vary according to the individual Internet laws in each host country.
- If we decide to change any privacy and cookie statements, we’ll post the changes on this page so that you’re always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.
- We put a lot of time and effort into describing, mapping and photographing the services and products we sell via this website. Although we aim that every picture, diagram and description is 100% accurate, mistakes do occur so please let us know if you see or read something that isn’t correct.
Firetrail Events Ltd is a Scottish-based events company.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. To this end we will NEVER supply the personal details of any user to any third party unless a) you give us your permission to do so, or b) we are obliged to do so by relevant authorities such as the police or other emergency services. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the GDPR 2018). We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly to process your order and secondly to provide you with the best service possible.
Firetrail Events Ltd.
28 Balnagowan Wynd
Email: contact us
Directors: Richard Lawes and Jonathan Buckland
Cookies and Privacy
What are cookies?
Laws regarding cookie use
On May 25th 2012 a European Union law was implemented by UK legislation, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, with a requirement that all websites that leave non-essential cookies on visitors’ devices have to inform the visitor what these cookies are.
This website complies with the above law by providing information on the cookies we use. This information enables you to choose to leave our website if you wish.
Cookies used on this website
The cookies used on our site are for Adobe Business Catalyst (BC), which is the host of this website, and Google analytics. They include a web analytics tool that improves the site visitor’s experience and helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website.
We use this service to record how many users visit our site, what they look at, how often they return and what sort of devices they are using.
- Cookies don’t give us access to any personal information about you.
- For example, when you visit our website we place a cookie on your computer which tells us what pages you have visited and what links you have clicked on during your visit. This allows us to generate a report about how our website is performing, which helps us make things better for you.
- These cookies don’t give us access to your account or your personal details.
- As third-party cookies (such as Google) aren’t set by us, we can’t control how they work – but we do choose which websites we work with. We take your privacy seriously and we would never work with a website we don’t trust.
There are two types of cookies used this site:
- Required - these cookies are necessary for site functionality and cannot be disabled
- Performance and tracking - site visitors can disable these cookies
Social media and/or other plug-ins’ cookies
Social media or our event booking platforms plug-ins for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Eventbrite may obtain data for tracking purposes.
If you want to know about their policies and how to opt out of their cookies then please check the privacy and cookie policies on their websites before navigating away from this site.
We use first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. They collect this information anonymously and report website trends without identifying individual visitors. We then use the information to compile reports, which helps us to improve our website and your browsing experience.
Your options regarding cookies
Most browsers are defaulted to accept and maintain cookies but you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or not. Please consult the support documentation for your web browser, which can be found online, for more information.
More detailed information about controlling cookies on your computer is also available at the About Cookies website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
© Firetrail Ltd 2018
Firetrail Ltd, 17 Balnagowan Drive, Aboyne, AB34 5GT, Scotland Company No. SC594765